Saturday 3 November 2012

Welcome to Grow2


This blog reflects both my personal and professional perspectives related to growth and development. In addition to the children who we are supporting, we too are growing in myriad ways on a daily basis. Some of us may be growing mentally, some physically.

The name Grow2 mirrors the personal development that I experience while working with children and staff who support them. I am motivated daily, to grow to meet the needs of our school. These needs could involve improving administratively or collaboratively with parents or coworkers within a multidisciplinary environment. Grow2 will also provide insight into my journey as an online learner.

Grow2 reflects my personal interest in family, nature and the country lifestyle. As I look at our son, I see extraordinary things. Regularly we reflect about the days when he was a toddler. It is impossible to remain in that place for long when we return to his current experiences as he enters Grade Eight and adolescence. Living in the country allows me the opportunely to balance the demands of my professional life. Even when typing this blog, I am able to look out the window, at a row of willows, and watch a grouse picking at objects in snow. Our family can look out of every window of our home and see the efforts of my ancestors labour as well as our own.

Grow2 encourages and invites other educators and learners to share their ideas in efforts to improve the lives of the children that we work or live with. I am truly fortunate to see the great work that teacher do on a daily basis, within our school. However, I am always curious about the work that others do. There is always a synergism when teachers get together to share ideas.

 
Enjoying a rainy day outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment