Sunday 27 April 2014

Final Thoughts on Communication


Communication is more than speaking and listening to another person.  It encompasses our personal experiences, perspectives, and connections.  We learn more about ourselves and others, every time we endeavour to communicate or engage in collaboration.  I have learned that there are areas of communication that I do willing, and there are others which need improvement.  As my communications partners change, so will this capacity.  I have learned to be more targeted in my verbal communications to ensure clarity of understanding.  I am also cognizant of more strategies that improve my empathetic listening skills.  Consequently, my biggest life lesson is to ensure that there is mindfulness about communications, especially when I sense confusion or conflicts arising.


Thank you to my colleagues and professor at Walden University for enhancing the course materials through your insights and questions.  This has been a very enlightening experience, hopefully with children and families benefiting from your collaborative practices.   I wish everyone all the best as you proceed with your future studies.


 
Resources
Key to Success.  Retrieved from http://blog.bjdgroup.com/2012/07/10/invest-65k-get-18-4m-back













No comments:

Post a Comment